109 W. Main St., Room 102
Cortez, CO 80321-3155
(970) 564-8615 (fax)
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. MST
County Extension Director,
4-H Program Coordinator
- Energy Newsletter December 2015
- Food Systems - Food Systems Newsletter
- Dairy Cow - Diagnosed with BSE
- AgrAbility Newsletter 2015 July Agribility Newsletter
- Extension Annual Update 2014 Montezuma Annual Report
- New Article - Calorie
- Farmer's Market - Information
- Small Acreage Management website - navigate through topics that include animals to windbreaks. http://www.ext.colostate.edu/sam
- Solar Energy website - CSU sloar energy website has been updated with all sorts of great resources. http;//www.ext.colostate.edu/energy/solar.html
- Dryland Cover Crops Website:http://drylandcovercrops.agsci.colostate.edu/
- Site Visits - The Agriculture
/ Horticulture Agent is available to visit specific locations
to give recommendations regarding horticulture problems and situations.
All information given to the client is research-based and up-to-date.
A minimum fee of $25.00 is charged for a one hour visit. Contact Montezuma County Extension at 565-3123 to schedule an appointment.
- Strong Women Stay Young.This low impact weight bearing exercise program targets older adults who want to increase muscle mass, bone density, flexibility, and balance. For more information, contact the Montezuma County Extension Office at 970.565.3123.
- Master Gardener Program. The Master Gardener Program is a 11 week course of training on lawn, plant, tree, vegetable care, soils and fertilizers, water-management, insects and diseases of plants and pruning. The program will begin on January 28, 2016 and will continue every Thursday, from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., to April 7, 2016. The training is available with a community volunteer commitment of 50 hours for $170 or without the volunteer commitment for $530.00. You can pickup your application at Montezuma County Extension Office. The deadline to turn in your application to the Extension office is December 11, 2015.
What is 4-H, volunteer information, enrollment information,
4-H clubs, Newsletter, 4-H Calendar, upcoming events, project information,
and school enrichment.
Crops, soil & water, livestock, range, agricultural business
management, and small acreage management information provided by
Colorado State University Extension. Specifically the Yellow Jacket
Orchard/Vineyard Demonstration Project.
& Consumer Sciences:
Nutrition, Health, Food Safety, Food
Preservation, Child Development/Parenting, Family Relations, Aging
Issues, Consumer Issues, and Personal Finances.
Master Gardeners, Home Gardening, Plant Select, PlantTalk, Insects,
and Trees (woody plant management).
Resources: Wildlife, Forestry, Water, and Wildlife